Tour of Duty: Preparing Our Hearts for Deployment - Bible Study Book
A Bible Study for Military Wives
Tour of Duty: Preparing Our Hearts for Deployment - Member Book is a Bible study for Military Wives. Participants will join together with others who have a common thread―husbands who are being or have been deployed. This study helps wives deal with the emotional twists and turns they may not be ready to face. It will point them to God, and participants will learn how to lean on God and not carry so much of the weight that is so often placed on them. These women will learn to practically find their hope in Christ alone.
Military families like to be prepared―they plan, they strategize, they organize. But whether they’re active, National Guard, or Reserve, when deployment comes, all the planning in the world can still fail when it comes to their hearts.
Tour Of Duty is an excellent starting point for military wives to get connected with others in the military community who share this common thread. Women facing deployment can learn how to lean on God and come out of it confident in the knowledge that God is with them, He loves them, and He has not abandoned them.
This study, with weekly homework, can be done individually, but it is better suited for a group setting where women can discuss their personal experiences.
Sessions: 7 Chapters (8 group sessions)
- Chapter 1 The Road Less Traveled
- Chapter 2 Walking on Water
- Chapter 3 Embracing the Detours
- Chapter 4 The Desert of Enough
- Chapter 5 Mountain for One
- Chapter 6 Facing the Giants
- Chapter 7 This Is Your Time
- The Emotional and Spiritual Stages of Deployment
- For Churches: Ministering to Military Families
- Includes leader helps for group sessions
- Contains extra features/helps for military wives
- A CONNECT resource
Buy From: Amazon